Monday, May 3, 2010

What about Derek?


http://www.dennyburk.com/what-about-derek/
Amanda:

And, to follow that, Christ also said if you love me you will follow my commandments. That is why this issue is such a touchstone as scripture is direct on this issue (as opposed to inferential, e.g. consuming alcohol, how to provide for the poor, etc.) and if scripture is from God, that is His command. It’s not a diminutive issue at all.

Cain:

While I assume you simply happened by, to which statement are you referring? I assume you mean implication in that if someone who claims to know him yet does not keep His commandments, he is then a liar, then I would say I am without defense there.

I forget who it is, but there is a quote that we are more troubled by what is plain in scripture than by what is vague.

No comments: