Monday, March 30, 2009

To Be Full of God


http://www.challies.com/archives/christian-living/to-be-full-of-god.php
When we went through the Don't Waste Your Life study, the following paragraph completely shifted my paradigm about retirement (and, actually, work and saving in a general way):
I will tell you what a tragedy is. I will show you how to waste your life. Consider this story from the February 1998 Reader's Digest: A couple took early retirement from their jobs in the Northeast five years ago when he was 59 and she was 51. Now they live in Punta Gorda, Florida, where they cruise on their 30-foot trawler, play softball and collect shells. . . . Picture them before Christ at the great day of judgment: ‘Look, Lord. See my shells.’ THAT is a tragedy. And people today are spending billions of dollars to persuade you to embrace that tragic dream.

It just hit me square in the face.

See my shells.

Thanks as always, Tim, for the great pointer!

No comments: